Having been a buyers agent for the majority of my real estate career, I have developed a list of negotiating points to get my clients a better price. Now that I have begun to list more properties, I use this list to advise my clients on pre-listing improvements to consider. Making the following relatively low cost improvements will help justify your asking price and make your property show-able and sell-able.
1. Add entrance gate and gravel apron. Having a clean and secure entrance to the property sets a great tone for showing the piece of land.
2. Grade roads. Being able to access and navigate through the property enables a potential buyer to see the lands potential.
3. Plant open fields. Preferably a good spring or fall seed depending on the time of year, but anything green will show an effort for wildlife habitat.
4. Use prescribed burning. Burning off years of debris can open up the forest view and give a much cleaner look, as well as helping the habitat.
5. Post the property lines. New posted signs show a clear presence of ownership and that an effort is in place for a secure property.
With the proper planning and a weeks worth of work, these low cost improvements can be a valuable investment to draw a better price and enable you to sell your property in a timely manner.
Southern Land Advisors has the resources at hand to perform these improvements and others in the state of Georgia. If you are considering putting your property on the market, let us walk you through the process and show you how to sell your property efficiently and effectively.
To learn more, visit us at SouthernLandAdvisors.com or give me at call at 678.723.8148.